Do developments in cellular agriculture take ethics into account?
In this week’s episode of New Food Order, I join Food+Tech Connect’s Danielle Gould and AgFunder’s Louisa-Burword Taylor to discuss this and more alongside:
- Varun Deshpande, managing director of The Good Food Institute India
- Didier Toubia, CEO of Aleph Farms, and
- Errol Schweizer**, former VP of Grocery for Whole Foods and overall food industry leader
Together, we discuss:
- 🧬 How to define biotech and precision fermented foods
- 🧫 What questions we should be asking about cultivated meats and fermentation-based foods
- 📣 How you communicate with transparency the complexities of bio-foods to eaters
- 🔬 The need for open access scientific research in bio-foods development
- 📈 Operating models for these technologies and foods in the global south
- © The ethics of IP and corporate control of research and these technologies
- 💲 Who is investing in biotech foods – from governments to investors to multinationals
Listen here: What is the Role of Biotech in an Ethical Food System?